In case you missed it, here’s this week in gaming (Week ending 4/20/12)
In the week that ended with bad jokes about 420, it was pretty uneventful. A few games were announced for 2013. And betas were opened for all the world to see. We also got a brief walkthrough of Pax East from our very own Steph, who was featured on Xplay!
So, let’s look at the week that was, in case you missed it!
First up, Ubisoft’s Sleeping Dogs gets a release date reveals pre-order packs.
Square Enix, Inc. today announced the upcoming open world cop drama Sleeping Dogs™ will go on sale August 14 in North America on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC.
Square Enix is also pleased to announce North American pre-order incentives for Best Buy, GameStop and Amazon customers:
Best Buy: ‘Georges St. Pierre (GSP)’ Pack:
- GSP’s signature “flying punch”
- Exclusive GSP outfit including T-shirts, headband and shorts
- GSP’s outfit unlocks the “flying punch” and increases grappling and throwing damage
GameStop: ‘Police Protection’ Pack:
- Exclusive “High Speed” Mission
- Exclusive HK Police SWAT Outfit
- Exclusive assault rifle
- Exclusive SWAT Police Vehicle
Amazon: ‘Martial Arts’ Pack:
- Shaolin Showdown Mission
- Shaolin Warrior outfit (with increased striking damage)
- Bonus Triad XP points
- Wing Chun decoration for safehouse (with temporary combat buff)
Exclusive content for the digitally downloadable PC version of Sleeping Dogs will be announced at a later date.
Men In Black: Alien Crisis will be available May 22 for PlayStation 3 with PlayStation Move, Xbox 360, and Wii. The game is rated T for Teen. For more information on the game, please visit Activision’s official website.
Crysis 3 was announced but it’s not coming out till 2013, folks…
… Powered by Crytek’s proprietary CryENGINE®, Crysis 3 advances the state of the art with unparalleled visuals and dynamic shooter gameplay. Players take on the role of ‘Prophet’ as he returns to New York, only to discover that the city has been encased in a Nanodome created by the corrupt Cell Corporation. The New York City Liberty Dome is a veritable urban rainforest teeming with overgrown trees, dense swamplands and raging rivers. Within the Liberty Dome, seven distinct and treacherous environments become known as the Seven Wonders. This dangerous new world demands advanced weapons and tactics. Prophet will utilize a lethal composite bow, an enhanced Nanosuit and devastating alien tech to become the deadliest hunter on the planet. …
Set in 2047, Prophet is on a revenge mission after uncovering the truth behind Cell Corporation’s motives for building the quarantined Nanodomes. The citizens were told that the giant citywide structures were resurrected to protect the population and to cleanse these metropolises of the remnants of Ceph forces. In reality, the Nanodomes are CELL’s covert attempt at a land and technology grab in their quest for global domination. With Alien Ceph lurking around every corner and human enemies on the attack, nobody is safe in the path of vengeance. Everyone is a target in Prophet’s quest for retribution.
Crytek also announced that players who are ready to start the hunt can pre-order the Crysis® 3 Hunter Edition* today.The Crysis 3 Hunter Edition gives players the tools to become the ultimate hunter in multiplayer with early access to the new signature bow and its attachments, plus the Hunter Nanosuit module which adds additional power and functionality to the super-suit. Gamers who pre-order now will also have a head start when playing online with a bonus XP boost up to level 5, a unique bow skin and three exclusive dog tags to hunt in style**. The Crysis 3 Hunter Edition is available on Origin.com and other participating retailers for $59.99.
In addition to receiving the Crysis 3 Hunter Edition, select retailers are offering gamers that pre-order Crysis 3 the following early multiplayer unlocks:
- Stalker Pack — Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: for players who like to stalk their prey from the shadows the Stalker Pack provides early multiplayer access to the deadly semi-auto Jackal shotgun. This powerful, close-range shotgun comes with a unique silencer attachment, custom weapon skin and two exclusive themed in-game dog tags.
- Overkill Pack — Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Overkill Pack features early multiplayer access to the Typhoon assault weapon and skin. Spewing 500 rounds a second, the Typhoon gives players the ability to go guns blazing to take back the Liberty Dome. Also included are two exclusive Overkill themed in-game dog tags.
- Predator Pack — Includes the base game, all the Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Predator Pack delivers early multiplayer access to the Feline submachine gun and exclusive camo. With an extremely fast rate of fire and a 60 round magazine the Feline is highly effective and deadly, at short range.
Crysis 3 will be available spring 2013 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC.
Oh! Capcom’s upcoming RPG Dragon’s Dogma’s demo will be available next week! Finally, something that isn’t an FPS!
Dragon’s Dogma, will be available to download globally via Xbox LIVE Marketplace and the North American PlayStation Store from Tuesday, April 24 and on the European PlayStation Store the following day, Wednesday April 25.With your party of three Pawns, the demo allows you to experience the different styles of two of the game’s character classes in two challenging encounters.A melee specialist skilled in both attacks and counterattacks, as the Fighter you will make your way through underground tunnels and chambers before taking on the deadly Chimerain a Prologue quest, set before the events of the main game.Swift and nimble, the Strider’s weapons of choice are bow and daggers, use them well if you are to defeat the mighty Griffin in the open plains surrounding the capital of Gransys.Let your imagination run wild and design both your playable character and main Pawn using the game’s incredibly in-depth character creation tools before you take on the Griffin; purchasers of Dragon’s Dogma will then be able to export both these characters into the full game on its release.
In case you didn’t know, the Ghost Recon: Future Solider Multiplayer Beta is going on right now!
SQUARE ENIX REVEALS PRE-ORDER DETAILS FOR THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY
North American customers who pre-order the game will receive one gripped stylus while supplies last. Players can customize the game-themed accessory with 17 stickers that feature the FINAL FANTASY franchise’s most popular characters including: Cloud, Moogle, Lightning, Chocobo, Tidus, Cecil, Terra and Squall.
Adorably redesigned heroes from the catalogue of FINAL FANTASY titles set out on an adventure to combat memorable villains with the rhythmic taps of the player’s stylus. THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY features over 70 musical scores spanning 25 years of the FINAL FANTASY franchise, and features music from key events, lush field themes and decisive battle arrangements. The game is set for release on July 3 for Nintendo 3DS.
THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY is rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older).
Cinderella hits Rock Band next week!
- Cinderella – “Nobody’s Fool” O
- Cinderella – “Don’t Know What You Got (Till It’s Gone)” O X
- Cinderella – “Shelter Me” O
New screenshot for HITMAN: ABSOLUTION
Yes, screenshot. Single. That’s all. No more, no less. Sexy.
Star Trek Concept Art and trailer!
Phew, that was a lot to recap! Hope you enjoyed it all!
Like this post? Want others like it? Well, let me know, Joe! Tweet. Like. Comment.