Before I made my voyage to this year’s New York Comic Con, I made my way to Square Enix’s Showcase, where I was able to test out a few upcoming titles.
While not particularly “new” this version of Rise of the Tomb Raider has been enhanced for Xbox One X.
Xbox One X players can choose from one of three visual modes, including:
- Native 4K: (full 3840 by 2160) for highest fidelity resolution (and looks AMAZING btw)
- Enriched Visuals: for stunning graphic upgrades
- High Frame Rate: for the smoothest possible gameplay
Each of those above visual modes can be chosen from the options menu at any time during the game.
The tech enhancements include:
- HDR display support for more vibrant and accurate color representation technology
- Spatial audio support, including Dolby Atmos®, for true 3D audio
- Enhanced texture resolution for Lara Croft®, NPCs, and environments, leveraging additional memory offered by the Xbox One X
- Improved anti-aliasing for immersive realistic details
Additional visual enhancements include:
- Improved volumetric lights
- Improved reflections
- Enhanced foliage
- Upgraded polygonal detail
- Amplified texture filtering
These enhancements for Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One X will be released according to the the console’s launch on November 7th 2017. Those who have already purchased the game for Xbox One will be able to download and experience these unique features for free on Xbox One X. Rated M for Mature
Spelunker Party! is a platform cave exploration adventure game featuring single player and local and online co-op multiplayer modes with up to three other players. I got a chance to play the story of Spelunkette. She, along with her friends, is on a mission fraught with avoiding dangerous pitfalls, boulders, steam and various other wicked creations.
In multiplayer mode, players can also join together to access new areas and revive teammates. There are over 100 stages to challenge and excite players as they discover Litho-stones hidden throughout each map – which in turn can be used to unlock new items, equipment, and faithful pets to customize their characters and aid in cave exploration.
Speaking of customizing…check out some examples of it below!
Spelunker Party will release digitally for the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch™ and STEAM® on October 19. Rated E for Everyone.