Vertigo Games—creators of the award-winning VR zombie shooter Arizona Sunshine—and Wolfdog Interactive today announce that Skyworld, the VR strategy game reinventing classic strategy gaming for the VR audience, is coming to Windows Mixed Reality in addition to HTC Vive and Oculus Rift this fall.
Skyworld reinvents classic strategy gameplay for VR without compromising on gameplay depth by using intuitive VR controls and providing player feedback right on the VR battlefield. Step into intricately animated fantasy worlds where you are king and watch your battle maps come to life around you. Built in gaming sessions optimal for VR, Skyworld lets you conquer and reunite all Skyworlds in the full-size campaign and challenge friend or foe in online cross-platform multiplayer mode.
- Accessible Gameplay. Innovates traditional UIs with intuitive VR controls and in-world feedback
- Highly Interactable Fantasy Worlds. Puts highly interactable, animated fantasy worlds at your command, which you influence with every decision you make
- Full-feature VR game. Offers a story-based single player campaign, skirmish mode and online cross-platform multiplayer
- Reinvents Classic Strategy Gameplay for VR. Combines accessible, turn-based strategy and management gameplay with fast-paced real-time tactical battles
- Built from the ground up for VR
Skyworld is scheduled to launch on Windows Mixed Reality, HTC Vive and Oculus Rift in Fall 2017.
Source: Press Release
Why We Love It?
Although we weren’t able to see it, Skyworld features a Real Time Strategy aspect that really intrigues us. The game is very crisp with colorful graphics. The in-game effects also helped to sell it for us, such the fireballs and spells, which felt very satisfying to use in VR. Small details like the parallax effect, which appears when looking at the cards, as well as being able to rotate the board and re-position yourself was very cool.