At Pax West 2017, Razer showcased all of the products they announced within the last week and change. The new Razer Basilisk mouse uses customizable and interchangeable components, allowing you to adapt it to your preferred FPS experience. The Razer Blade Pro is now offered with a new configuration allowing for a cheaper price point than the original model. Also, the Razer Wolverine Ultimate controller brings even more customizable options for use on the Xbox One and Windows.
All of these products and more were available for hands-on and peeks at Razer’s booth at Pax West 2017. Let’s dive into each!
Razer Basilisk Customizable Gaming Mouse
The Razer Basilisk is Razer’s latest 8-button mouse model coming with customizable components and the same 5G true 16,000 DPI sensor seen in the Razer DeathAdder Elite we reviewed a while back. It uses Razer Mechanical Switches with a 50 million click lifespan and a scroll wheel whose resistance level could be customized per the user’s preference. The Razer Basilisk also comes with a removable clutch coming in a long and short lengths and a rubber thumb cap for those who prefer to not use the clutch component all together.
- Razer 5G optical sensor with true 16,000 DPI
- Up to 450 inches per second (IPS) / 50 G acceleration
- Gaming-grade tactile scroll wheel wth customizable resistance
- Two removable clutch (short/long) buttons and a rubber thumb cap
- Eight independently programmable Hyperesponse buttons
- RazerTM Mechanical Mouse Switches
- Ergonomic right-handed design with enhanced rubber side grips
- Razer Chroma™ lighting with true 16.8 million customizable color options
- 1000 Hz Ultrapolling
- Razer Synapse 3 (Beta) enabled
- Approximate size: 124 mm / 4.88 in (Length) X 75 mm / 2.94 in (Width) X 43 mm / 1.69 in (Height)
- Approximate weight 107 g / 0.24 lbs
The Razer Basilisk comes in at $69.99 and uses the latest version of Razer’s customization engine, the Razer Synapse 3 (Beta). The Razer Basilisk is available for order now on Razerzone.com and be checked out here…
New Razer Blade Pro with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics
With the standard Razer-headlining Razer Blade Pro housing a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card, Razer opted to create a lower-priced configuration of the product. The new Razer Blade Pro option uses a full HD display and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU to start off at a price point of $2299.99. This option will continue to sport present-day Razer Blade Pro features such as a CNC military-grade aluminum body and a keyboard with anti-ghosting individually backlit keys featuring 16.8 color choices.
- 17.3″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) 120 Hz IPS Non-Touch Matte Display
- Quad-Core Intel® Core i7-7700HQ Processor (2.8 GHz / 3.8 GHz)
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 1060 (6GB GDDR5)
- 16GB (8GB x 2) Dual-Channel System Memory (slotted, DDR4, 2400MHz)
- Expandable to 32GB (16GB x 2)
- 256GB SSD (PCIe m.2) + 2TB HDD storage
- Expandable up to 2TB SSD (PCIe m.2) and 4TB HDD
- Windows® 10 64-Bit
- Killer DoubleShot™ Pro technology:
- Killer™ Wireless-AC 1535 (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth® 4.1)
- Killer E2500 (gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000)
- USB 3.0 port x3 (SuperSpeed)
- Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C™)
- HDMI 2.0 video and audio output
- SDXC card reader
- Dolby® Digital Plus Home Theater Edition
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Built-in array microphone
- 3.5 mm microphone/headphone combo jack
- 7.1 Codec support (via HDMI)
- Built-in webcam (2.0 MP)
- Anti-ghosting individually backlit keyboard powered by Razer Chroma™
- Multimedia keys with scroll wheel
- Multi-touch Precision Touchpad
- Razer Synapse enabled with programmable keyboard, backlighting, and fan control
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded
- Kensington™ Lock interface
- Compact 165W Power Adapter
- Built-in 70Wh rechargeable lithium ion polymer battery
- 0.88 in. (22.5 mm) Height x 16.7 in. (424 mm) Width x 11 in. (281 mm) Depth
- 6.78 lbs. / 3.07 kg
The new Razer Blade Pro endeavors to reach more gamers and professionals with its new price point for a highly portable 17.3-inch desktop replacement. The 0.88 inch thin and 6.78-pound Razer Blade Pro will be available on Razerzone.com in Q3 2017 and will hit worldwide markets by the end of the year.
Razed even announced the new Razer Rogue 17.3” Backpack for toting around the Razer Blade Pro or other 17.3 inch laptops. We got our hands on one so we’ll let you know what we think once we put it through its paces. It is available now on Razerzone.com for $149.99, and will hit worldwide markets by the end of the year.
Click here to read about the Razer Wolverine Ultimate controller for Xbox One and PC, announced earlier last week.
†All product features listed above were obtained via Razer press releases…