As contests go, this one is definitely an interesting one. Introducing the $10,000 XtendPlay Design Challenge, a competition is entirely merit based. What does this mean exactly; well, it means that in order to participate in the design challenge you WILL have to purchase a XtendPlay controller adapter.
“While we’ve been thrilled by the market reception and critical response to XtendPlay for PlayStation and Xbox 360, it’s time to build on that success and go directly to our customer base for their input on the next generation of the product,” said Dave Sparling, XtendPlay co-creator and Xwerx CEO. “Crowdsourcing has become pretty commonplace but usually there’s not much upside for those offering their ideas. To us, that’s just not a win-win, so we decided to go the contest route and offer a substantial prize to a single winner whose ideas help us forge the next generation of XtendPlay.”
Now what is XtendPlay? Let’s have MLG Pro “Bravo” explain…
Now that you know what it is, then it might be time to explain how YOU can end up potentially winning $10,000!
The $10,000 XtendPlay Design Challenge is running now through July 30, 2012, and the rules are explained below:
- Get an Entry Reservation by buying either version of XtendPlay at xtendplay.com for only $7.99 USD (plus shipping)
- Use and enjoy the product long enough to refine your thoughts on how you’d make it even better
- Submit your entry by the closing date of the contest
- Final prize amount depends on number of Entry Reservations received during the contest period, with a minimum prize of $2500 at the 2000-reservation level up to a maximum of $10,000 for 8000 Entry Reservations received.
- Winner will be notified on August 15, 2012
“People may wonder why we’re requiring that the product be purchased in order to participate in the contest. Simple: if you don’t own and use XtendPlay, your ideas on how to make it even better aren’t informed by actual experience of its patented TrueControl TM technology,” said Mark Sparling, XtendPlay co-creator and Xwerx COO. “We’re also making it easy for all our previous customers who’ve been enjoying their XtendPlays to enter the contest as well.” Regardless of where they live, anyone who already owns an XtendPlay can purchase a Challenge Entry Reservation at the XtendPlay website for just $5.
Customers who purchased their XtendPlay from any retail source between March 1 and June 3, 2012 can enter the contest for free.
And after the XtendPlay Design Challenge has closed, entrants will receive a coupon code for $10 off at xtendplay.com.
Full contest information and rules are available at xtendplay.com/pages/challenge.