Sony closed out the press conference and definitely left a lasting impression. While their vast variety of exclusives and spotlight on indie titles, Sony is not holding any punches when it comes to this year’s E3. Let’s take a brief look at the highlights, shall we?
Let’s start with the exclusives…
- First there was Destiny. Not only do Playstation Owners get first crack at the beta but there will be exclusive in game content as well as a PS4 bundle! Sign this girl up! Starting on July 17th Playstation gamers will be able to play the Destiny Beta and in case you can not wait until then, starting Thursday PS4 owners will be able to play the Destiny: First Look Alpha. Simply visit http://www.GreatnessAwaits.com/Destiny for details.
- Then there was Bloodborne…
Face your fears as you search for answers in the ancient city of Yharnam, now cursed with a strange endemic illness spreading through the streets like wildfire. Danger, death and madness lurk around every corner of this dark and horrific world, and you must discover its darkest secrets in order to survive.
†Source: YouTube Description
- Dead Island 2 was also announced as well as new exclusive Dead Island content in Diablo III–exclusive themed dungeons and special attacks as well as 30-day exclusive beta and character, only available to Playstation.
- Battlefield Hardline closed beta is available now for PS4 Closed beta.
In a bold move, Visceral Games and EA have made the newly unveiled Battlefield Hardline playable now for the public in a closed multiplayer beta, available on PlayStation 4. This will be a unique chance for players to live out their cops and criminals fantasies – months before the official release on October 21st.
Battlefield 4 owners on PlayStation 4 can simply turn on their console, highlight their copy of BF4 and then click on the Live Tile to download the Battlefield Hardline beta and play in its 1080p 60FPS glory. Beta slots are limited, so act fast.
For those who don’t own Battlefield 4, players can sign up right now for a chance to play the Battlefield Hardline closed beta at www.battlefield.com/beta and collect in-game rewards for doing so. (Please note that beta slots are limited).
†Source: Playstation Blog
- Grim Fandango is coming exclusively to the PS4 and Vita
- Indie titles continue to excite like Broforce, Titan Souls, Not a Hero, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number and the Talos Principle
- Suda51’s Let it Die, makes you fight for your life.
- ABZÛ was reminiscent of Journey. Keeping use intrigued in new forms of storytelling.
We are very excited to give you an early glimpse of ABZÛ, Giant Squid’s first project. http://abzugame.com. ABZÛ will take players on an epic adventure into the depths of the ocean, where they will encounter majestic creatures and discover long lost secrets. The game draws inspiration from a deep, innate story that we all carry in our collective subconscious, a universal origin myth that resonates across cultures. As such, the name ABZÛ references a concept from the oldest Mesopotamian mythology: it is the combination of two ancient words Ab, meaning ocean, and Zû, meaning to know. Essentially, ABZÛ is the ocean of wisdom.
†Source: YouTube Description
- No Man’s Sky appeared to have been a Pax East favorite and it was great to them on stage.
- Disney Infinity 2
- Mortal Kombat X world-premiere gameplay trailer
Then there was the hardware…
Sony was all about making sure gamers are able to share their experiences.
95% of PS4 are connected.
+1.25 Billion Hours played.
+1Billion Multiplayer Sessions played.
And now You Tube is coming to PS4 later this year. Playstation owners will be able to upload video captures to their YouTube accounts, stream videos and see friend’s shared videos.
With +150Million Spectate Sessions, Sony is allowing Playstation owners to interact with that person’s gameplay experience and ultimately redefine social gaming as we know it. The Play Room will be free DLC that allow players to create custom broadcasting sets.
More of what you want—awesome gaming experiences, epic and challenging, as well as free-to-play games. Some free-to-play titles include Planetside 2 and GUNS UP! Additionally, for those that may not own and PS4 but do own a Sony TV, Sony will allow the ability to connect a Dual Shock Controller to allow you to play the library of free-to-play titles.
On the Playstation Vita side of things, we will see continued integration with the PS4 in titles like Call of Duty and Assassin’s Creed Unity but they were also excited to announce that Minecraft would be coming to the Vita.The full console experience with multiplayer included.
Then we were introduced to the Playstation TV which will be available for $99 as well as a bundle for $139 which includes a Dual Shock 3 Controller, an SD card and a digital voucher for The Lego Movie: The Videogame.
Sony also highlighted their original Digital content through the edition of Powers and Rachet and Clank: The movie.
With the final moments of the press conference cultivating in more jaw dropping titles like The Last of Us: Remastered (releasing July 29th) , Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Grand Theft Auto: V, Batman Arkham Knight and, finally, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
For all the details, I might be too overwhelmed to have included, please check out the Playstation Blog. Now let’s check out the trailers!