I was looking back at all my attempted projects last year. Yes, I’m well aware that I have abandoned all of them but this year I want to revive the “This Week in Gaming” series but change it up a bit. Instead of going through my Inbox and posting up everything I received for the week, I’ll just recap the top moments of the week.
So, let’s get right into it!
Let’s count them down…!
5. It seems like every week gamers are always called one thing or another. “Last week California State Senator Leland Yee (D-San Francisco) said that gamers had no credibility when it came to the discussion of violent video games…[but what] we missed last week is the fact that Yee apologized for saying it.”†
4. I seriously wish I was around to see this HUGE EVE Online battle that started over an innocent mistake. The screenshots and videos alone are totally impressive!! Click here to read the Escapist Magazine coverage and here for a more in depth analysis of what transpired.
3. Who would have thought that a movie featuring competitive gaming would actually offend gamers? I wanted to see Noobz for myself, cause I’m a glutton for punishment, but it’s not even playing anywhere in NYC. Way to go… Read the review from GameInformer.
2. Another week and another studio shutdown. It’s always sad to hear about and even think about all those people affected but for some it was only a matter of time till Junction Point got the boot from Disney.
1. Could it be? It’s only February but it seems that Sony is gearing up to unveil something big in NYC. Not sure if we’ll be able cover it live but we’ll definitely plan to cover it as best we can.
This one isn’t really gaming related but Hatsume Miku is so fucking cute that I can see why people adore this hologram.
But she only confuses the kids…
† Source: GamePolitics.com