Disney Infinity is back and the 2.0 version is turning out to be pretty interesting. Last week, Disney announced that Stitch and Tinker Bell will join Merida, Maleficent and all of the characters from Disney Infinity and Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes in Toy Box 2.0 this fall. Today, on the eve of San Diego Comic Con, Disney revealed the Guardians of the Galaxy Play Set. Let’s run through all the new characters that were just announced:
- Stitch: The lovable “experiment 626″ from the popular “Lilo & Stitch” films comes to the Disney Infinity Toy Box 2.0 along with his trusty cosmic blaster and the ability to super jump to galactic new heights.
- Tinker Bell: One of Disney’s most iconic characters, Tinker Bell enters the world of Disney Infinity with her magical healing Pixie Dust and the ability to glide to the stratosphere for fast-flying action.
- The Guardians of the Galaxy Play Set follows Star-Lord and his fellow Guardians as they arrive at Knowhere, having just stolen a powerful cosmic object from the villainous Ronan the Accuser. Players will guide the team as they race to protect Knowhere from Ronan and his attacking Sakaaran fleet while keeping their newly liberated item safe from the villain’s evil grasp.
- Playable characters for the Play Set include Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Drax, Gamora and Groot, as well as crossover characters Iron Man (from The Avengers Play Set) and Nova (from The Spider-Man Play Set). Mission givers will include Cosmo, The Collector and Yondu.
- In addition, there will be Guardians of the Galaxy themed Power Discs that will enable players to customize their Play Set and Toy Box experiences. The Power Discs include:Space Armor – Unlock Gamora’s out of this world Space Armor costume for added protection against enemies. Who says fashion can’t be functional too? Marvel Team-Up – Yondu – Fight alongside this powerful, arrow shooting ally and send enemies running for their lives Groot’s Roots – Theme out your Toy Box world with Groot’s Roots. It’s sure to grow on you! Groot’s View – Embrace your inner green thumb and theme Toy Box skies out Groot-style Star-Lord’s Galaxy – Turn your Toy Box into Knowhere – Star-Lord’s home base in the Galaxy The Rip – Turn Toy Box skies into the skies of Knowhere with this Power Disc and transport yourself to the outer edge of all space and time
We even got the chance to try out Disney Infinity 2.0 and got a glimpse of the new Skill Trees which are new to 2.0. As players complete missions, they gain skill points that they can use to buy skills within the Skill Tree. Players can also unlock Disney Infinity 1.0 Characters to use in Disney Infinity 2.0. But, I think our personal favorite was the Toy Box – Disney Infinity panels that have built in structural gameplay. During our demo, we got to try out Attack on Asgard where Loki is opening a series of portals that allow an army of Frost Giants to invade Odin’s Palace at Loki’s command. The Giants threaten to lay waste to Asgard, rob Odin’s Palace and ultimately grant control of the throne to Loki. You must purchase and create a line of defense against the wave of enemy attacks. It was super fun and no two play throughs were ever alike. We’re looking forward to Disney Infinity’s launch later this Fall. For more details feel free to check out Disney Infinity’s Official Website.